Make Disciples of All Nations
Our Lord has had recorded for us the direction of His church. Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, John 20:21 and Acts 1:8 are passages from our Lord when He walked on earth directing us to reach out. The material on this website reminds us in the Church of the Lutheran Confession how in Asia and Africa we are seeking to carry out His directions.
- Bangladesh – The Bangladesh Lutheran Church Mission has congregations throughout the country. Pastoral training is accomplished through monthly seminars.
- Congo (DRC) – The Confessionelle Lutherienne Congregation du Congo is concentrated in Katanga Province around Lubumbashi with outreach in nearby states and Kinshasa.
- India – The Church of the Lutheran Confession of India has congregations throughout Andhra Pradesh State and a cluster of congregations in Chattisgarh State.Headquarters is at Nidubrole in Guntur District. The Berea Evangelical Lutheran Church has congregations in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh States in fifteen church districts, as well as work in the Nicobar and Andaman Islands.
- Kenya – The Etago Church of the Lutheran Confession is centered at Etago near Kisii with several satellite congregations. New work that started in Nairobi with a Bible study developing into a congregation is expanding to other cities and especially Mombasa under the Church of the Lutheran Confession of Kenya. Both sister churches in Tanzania also have congregations across the border in Kenya.
- Myanmar – We work with two Lutheran church bodies in Myanmar. The National Lutheran Church of Myanmar is located in Yangon. The CLC-Myanmar is located in Chin State
- Nepal – The Himanlayan Church of the Lutheran Confession has several congregations throughout central Nepal. They also operate the Himalayan Bible Institute to train pastors.
- Nigeria – The Nigerian Church of the Lutheran Confession has congregations in Akwa Ibom State. Missions are in Port Harcourt, Badagry, and Lagos.
- Tanzania – The Church of the Lutheran Confession of Tanzania is centered in Arusha has congregations and outreach to the north and west among the Maasai tribes. They also have preaching stations in Mwanza, Dodoma, and Zanzibar. The CLC-TZ operates the Wartburg Lutheran Seminary in Arusha to train faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word.
- Togo – The Eglise Evangelique Lutherienne de Confession du Togo has a congregation at Vakpossito outside of Lome and a new station at Segbe.
- Uganda – Discussions are being held with two pastors and their congregations at Mbale and Kampala to determine if we are in fellowship and can work together in this country.
- Zambia – The Zambia-CLC is headquartered in Livingstone near the Zimbabwe border. The Z-CLC has congregations in Luska and near the DRC border. Pastor and Evangelist training is conducted four times a year in Livingstone.