B.A.S.I.C. NEWSLETTER #248
B.A.S.I.C. NEWSLETTER #248
I Cor.. 16:9 ‘For a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2013
Reporting Recently in Work among the Masai Tribe in Tanzania – Many greetings from Kajiado District. We are fine and doing well in him who was born ,tortured, crucified, died, buried ,risen ,and ascended in to heaven!
THE SEMINARY REPORT: The lesson,20. 2nd Article Christ’s Exaltation. 1cor,15:1-20, from Sydow catechism work book, www.CLCBOOKHOUSE.COM, 16 Students attended and one teacher, Pastor Panpani. Lord be Glorified!
I’m glad to inform that today is when we conclude two days of District youth seminar, 59 attended and 17 preachers, it was very pleasant! Although we have experienced some difficulties, but, in Him we have succeeded! Recently taught Sydow catechism Work Book, Lesson 14.1st Article GOD FAITH, ROM,4:1-8,11. Why was Kajiado seminary chosen to use these Teachings? Not only because it is clear Teaching; but also have an EXAM in SYDOW CATECHISM WORK BOOK.
WORDS OF THE WISE – GOD RULES part 2
God Rules even Governments and Rulers who are Unbelievers
8:15-16 “By Me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just; by Me princes rule, and nobles govern the earth.”
Some might say well this goes without saying since He sees all. It still needs saying and illustrating because we in our weakness start to drift from the clarity we need when focused on Him and His Word. We see the wicked rulers of this world doing what we do not understand. God is still in charge and His will will be done. Our Lord is not just the King over His people, but over the nations. “Who would not fear Thee, O King of the nations? For this is Thy due; for among all the wise ones of the nations and in their kingdoms there is none like Thee.” Jer. 10:7 The term ‘nations’ is one that refers to all those not of God’s people Israel.
Our Lord rules over the governments of this world. “Many seek the favor of a ruler, but from the Lord a man gets justice.” 29:27 Paul tells us, “For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God…he is God’s servant…he is the servant of God to execute His wrath on the wrongdoer.” Rom. 13:1-7 During the Reformation God gave back to His people much that they had been deprived of under the Antichrist. One of these things was the proper concept of the two Swords:
• Heb. 4:12 the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God by which He rules His church,
• Rom. 13:4 government bears not “the sword in vain; he is the servant of God…” Power by which He rules the world.
Peter likewise tells of this:
• the Word of God gives life, it “is the living and abiding Word of God.” 1 Pet. 1:23,
• governments in turn are “to punish those who do wrong and to praise those who do right” 1 Pet. 2:13-17 these being sent by Him.
To illustrate that God is in charge of all governments think of Daniel’s ministry under the four rulers: Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Belshazzar and Cyrus.
• Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged that Daniel’s God was the “God of gods and Lord of kings.” Dan. 2:47 “King Nebuchadnezzar to all peoples, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth: Peace be multiplied to you! It has seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has wrought toward me. How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion is from generation to generation.” Dan. 4:2-3 It is too bad that Nebuchadnezzar had to learn this the hard way with reduction to a beast of the field. God rules.” All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing; and he does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand.” Dan. 4:35
• King Darius also proclaimed to all the peoples, nations, and languages that dwell on earth, “…He is the living God, enduring for ever; His kingdom shall never be destroyed, and His dominion shall be to the end. He delivers and rescues, He works signs and wonders in heaven and on earth…”Dan. 6:26-27
• Belshazzar learned that God ruled by the hand writing on the wall and its fulfillment in the kingdom taken from him that very night.
• Cyrus God used to send His people back to the promised land from their 70 year exile. Isaiah prophesied long before Cyrus was born, 150 years before the decree. Is. 44:28,45:1 What a sign over time that God rules and knows what He is doing with the earthly rulers then and now.
Or think of the nation of Assyria with its great capital of Nineveh. Jonah was sent there to warn them of God’s impending judgment because God had seen their great wickedness. Then since all across Nineveh they repented, judgment was withheld. But we also read the message of Nahum of judgment on Nineveh which was given 150 years later. The repentance had disappeared. God knew. God rules. God acted.
God Sees into the Hearts of Men and Rules Accordingly
15:3,11 “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.” “Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the Lord, how much more the hearts of men!”
Beyond this earth is the place of death and torment that He sees and knows. If He has oversight there, how simple it is for the Almighty to look into man’s heart and act accordingly. We can only look on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart. Saul appeared to be every inch the king, but turned out very badly. David, the shepherd boy, did not look like a king but became the apple of God’s eye. We can only go by what we see man do in our short sight and hear man say within our hearing. God sees and knows all, even the depths of a man’s heart and based on this He rules.
God being in charge is a decided comfort to us. He protects and turns evil into good for us. He gives comfort when we need it for God knows. No need of ours escapes His notice. The living God is the God who is love. His actions are taken when and how they should be. It is a knife that cuts both ways though. He also sees our heart’s depth of sin. “And before Him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.” Heb. 4:13 Since He knows our evil thoughts, open confession to Him of our sin is the only wise route. There can be no hidden sin and in this is ultimate comfort..”…but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more…” Rom. 3:20 What a joy to behold Him ruling. “The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears toward the city…The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Ps. 34:15,17
Pastor David Koenig