B.A.S.I.C. NEWSLETTER # 115
B.A.S.I.C. NEWSLETTER # 115
I Cor. 16:9 “For a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.”
Feb. 29, 2008
Translation Work – On Pentecost each one heard in his own language the wonderful works of God. It is a common goal among us to get the Word of God into the hands of people in their own language. Along with this our brothers are trying to see that other Bible materials are also in the common language of the people. Below you have a summary of what has gone on and what is now going on in translation work.
- BELC – Pastor Deepak has finished the catechism in Hindi and we have printed it for distribution in the Andaman Islands. Now he is working on translating the 14 pamphlets into Hindi. Pastor D. Paul is beginning to work on translating into Tamil the lessons of the Invisible Sunday School for use in VBS in May.
- CLCI – We are asking Pastors Jyothi and Nireekshana Benjamin to undertake the translation of the Invisible Sunday School into Telegu for use both in the CLCI and the BELC.
- CLCEA -Tanzania/Kenya – Pastor Malyi has translated Mueller “My Church and Others” into Swahili as used in Tanzania. This is being edited now. Ibrahim has translated a large number of the 14 pamphlets and a couple essays into Swahili and is continuing to work on this.
- LCEA – Tanzania/Kenya – A committee has finished the revision of their hymnal. Now we only wait for an update of information from Pastor Angowi to go to Pastor Naumann, CLC Mission Board in order to proceed on printing.
- ELCC -Congo – In the Congo Pastor Muzakuza has a new committee at work on translating the remaining 14 pamphlets into their Swahili. We are waiting for edited copies to put on the website.
- ECLC -Kenya – Joshua finished the Mueller booklet and it is now on the website in Kisii.
- CLC Nairobi – Steve and Paul are busy translating the catechism and 14 pamphlets into Kamba and Kikuyu.
We certainly thank God for the gifts of these men and pray for their success in this important work. All materials that are translated will be on the website so that any one can read them and download copies.
Quiz Book by F.H.Moehlmann
Quiz- Answers to ‘Name the Sleepers
l. Adam. Gen. 2:21.
2. Samson. Judg. 16:15-20
3. A laboring man. Eccl. 5:12
4. Joseph. Matt. 1:20-24.
5. Uriah – David’s. 2 Sam. 11:9
6. The soldiers at Jesus’ tomb. Matt. 28:13.
7. David – Saul’s. I Sam. 26:1-2
8. Jonah. Jonah 1:5.
9. Jesus. Mark 4:35-41.
10.Peter, James, and John. Matt. 26:36-46.
11.Samuel. I Sam. 3:1-10.
12.The ten bridesmaids. Matt. 25:1-13.
13.The Philippian jailer. Acts 16:25-27.
14.Peter. Acts 12:6.
15.Lazarus. John 11:11.
Quiz: GREAT DELIVERANCES
1. An ancient Hebrew family delivered from famine by one who was son and brother.
2. God delivered this man from prison and made him a favorite with the king.
3. An apostle delivered by an angel out of the hand of Herod.
4. Two hundred and seventy-six souls delivered from a watery grave.
5. His uncle delivered this man and his household out of the hand of the foe.
6. A great deliverance achieved in Israel by three hundred armed men.
7. These wandering people were delivered in a most wonderful way from their foe.
8. A most precious child delivered from certain death by the intervention of God.
9. Frightened men delivered in a storm on the sea.
10.This holy one was delivered of a heavy burden on the way to his execution.
11.The greatest deliverance of all effected by God’s dear Son.
12.A man known as the great delivered of Israel.
13.This young man delivered a lamb out of a lion’s mouth.
14.Three men delivered from a fiery death.
15.Christ delivered this man from the prison house of the grave.
Some New Testament References to Worldwide Mission Work
Jesus: “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end (of Jerusalem? of the Jewish nation? of the world?) will come” (Mt. 24:14).
Jesus: “Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her” (Mt. 26:13).
Jesus: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations” (Mt. 28:19).
Jesus: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mk. 16:15).
Mark: “They went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them” (Mk. 16:19).
Jesus: “Repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem” (Lk. 24:47).
Jesus: “Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd”
John: “Being high priest that year, Caiaphas prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad” (Jn.11:51-52).
Jesus: “You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
Luke: God arranged for Jews scattered in many different countries to be present at Jerusalem for the Pentecost festival when the Holy Spirit was poured out on Jesus’ disciples. The countries mentioned by name: Parthia, Media, Elam, Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia, Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, Libya, Cyrene, Rome, Crete, Arabia. (Acts 2: 8-11)
Peter: “The promise is to you and to your children and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call” (Acts 2:39).
Peter: quoting the Lord’s prophecy to the patriarchs: “In your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed” (Acts 2:35).
The Jewish Christians in Jerusalem: “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life” (Acts 11:18).
Paul and Barnabas: “We turn to the Gentiles. For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth'” (Acts 13: 46-47).
Paul: “I declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance” (Acts 26:20).
Paul: “I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man’s foundation, but as it is written, ‘To whom He was not announced, they shall see; and those who have not heard shall understand'” (Rom. 15: 20-21).
Paul: “I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” (I Cor. 9:22).
Paul: “The truth of the gospel has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit” (Col. 1:16).
Paul: “The gospel was preached to every creature under heaven”
Paul: “God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (I Tim. 2:4).
Peter: “But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3: 8-9).
Christians in praise of the Lord: “You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation”